Archery practice Archery practice

I think I watched this 30 times before I finally got the 3rd outcome!!
Pretty hilarious idea to randomize the loop, and executed very well.

Excellent sound design as well.

Star Wars the Force Awakens - Plot Twist Star Wars the Force Awakens - Plot Twist

I didn't think that, but now that you mention it, Adam does look a little like a young Rickman. I would love to hear him do an impression!

The animation was fairly well done. It's painfully obvious you were emulating the HISHE style. I think in the long run that might haunt you a little bit. People will see your videos and expect you to be a part of that team.
I hope that over time you start to cross things over into a style of your own, to make them stand out without people instantly making that comparison.

Walking Dud Walking Dud

The joke was ok at best. But I really love your style! Your characters look great, and the animation (though limited) is very fluid. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the new year!

Ztoons responds:

Thank you for your feedback!
This certainly wasn't my best work, but it was all in good fun. haha
I'll be sure to create better quality content for the new year. :P

Mario Party in a Nutshell Mario Party in a Nutshell

As other people have said, this was a pretty flimsy use of the "in a nutshell" concept. But I won't focus too much on that.

You're style is very nice! I really liked the colours, lines and overall drawings. I think the next step will be to challenge yourself a bit more with the animations.
You did a lot of simple tweens, and 2 frame loops. Next time try to add a bit more detail and flair to those animations!
I think the pacing of things could be picked up too. The chance time scene drug on a while.

It's nice to see another Albertan on Newgrounds, and you are progressing quickly. Keep it up!

GingerPale responds:

Thanks man :) i post mainly on Youtube though xD Newgrounds scares me

Galactus Attacks! Galactus Attacks!

This is so stupid, but I love it!

It reminds me of some of the shorts that were popular when sites like Newgrounds first started.

Mrldfx responds:

I feel the exact same way about it :3

Bluey's Adventure Bluey's Adventure

The whole thing felt pretty short. The pacing was a lot quicker in this one, but really that was a good thing overall. The original was pretty slow. I think there was room to flesh things out a bit more. You know, add a few more stops on his trip. Show him getting hungry and looking for food, then devouring the pie. I'm especially disappointed that you left out the actual explosion at the end!

Still, it was a huge improvement. The backgrounds looks fantastic! The music along with the backgrounds gave it a nice relaxing, tropical feel. Very pleasant. The animation was smooth, although there was room for more of it (like eating/exploding).

Like I said. Big improvement, but there was room to expand on the original. I feel like you restrained yourself to the same plot beat-by-beat.

Maybe I should remake something of my own someday?

CyanSandwich responds:

I was quite cut up about whether or not I should use the explosion. I decided I wanted to leave the possibility of him surviving. I get why you're disappointed though.

Thanks for the review, and you should totally remake something!

Angry Birds: Mario Level Angry Birds: Mario Level

Not too bad

Don't get me wrong, this is a pretty funny idea. And I did quite enjoy the animation, but I think this had more potential. I was expecting the birds to discover that the weakness to Mario blocks is that you have to hit them from underneath. That concept is something that you could get creative with in a short like this.

This was over all well done, and kind of a cute little piece. But I think there was room for you to do more with it.
Good work, and I look forward to seeing more from you, because there is some skill here.

Minecraft: Tna Part 2 Minecraft: Tna Part 2

Best Minecraft video on Newgrounds

I was starting to lose faith in Minecraft parodies. It seemed like endless surprise creeper explosions, and that was about it.
But I really do love this little storyline you've set up here! The characters are treated more like adventurers in a real world setting, rather than people bumbling around in a video game.
There is some quality voice acting here, although Fart does get a little annoying. Both his voice and his dialogue actually. Its is good to have a mix of characters, but he can seem out of place at times.

The battle sequence was well done, and actually quite exciting. Trying to take down the creeper reminded me of Legolas trying to take down the orc with the explosives who suicide-charged the castle. Nerdy I know, but perhaps this was a throw back to the epic battle of Helms Deep?

There is a lot of potential in this series, and I look forward to future episodes!

Falconer02 responds:

Glad u liked it so much! As for Fart, I was going for this guy who has played way too much Call of Duty, BF, TF, L4D, etc. so he's supposed to be a little out of place since this isn't his gaming forte. Thus the whole tough-guy-wanna-be that does not fit into the MC world.

What's Going On Here? What's Going On Here?

I MISSED YOU

Your style and overall smoothness in your animation gets better with everything you do! Excellent work my boy! I love your attention to detail. There is never a moment in this where I felt you were being skimpy on the animation, your characters are so vibrant and full of life!

I especially love your backgrounds. The lack of lines, and the crooked roofs and everything. It's just enough to look at without distracting, but providing a rich environment.

As always Tomar is the man, and he did a fantastic job!

At the end I was waiting on a big punchline or unexpected ending similar to the bear clobbering in A Bear Trap Mishap. But really this nice simple ending served the animation far better.

Great work! I'll stop slobbering over your work now, and give you some breathing space. Only for a little bit though. I'll be back soon enough...

MyKindOfFlash responds:

Goat-Man, Goat-Man, Goat-Man... What a delight it is to see a review from the one and only. Hope you're well, buddy.

I do try to experiment every time I start a project. I've been wanting to achieve this sort of very bouncy, wacky sort of movement for a while. I started to attempt it in At The Office but I feel it comes into full swing here. I feel I owe that to the almighty Tomar; his voice is full of so much liveliness that it allowed me to echo that through the animation.

And sometimes I do cut corners with the animation when I feel like slacking, but I can't allow myself to and always go back and improve it. The backgrounds were all edited and improved last minute cos I didn't wanna settle for the ones I had done previously.

I'm a true believer in you can do anything if you set your mind on it. And I always think if it's gonna have ma name on it, I want it to be as good as it can be.

Thanks for the review! I hope you have some stuff in the works!

A Barn Owl A Barn Owl

Promising

First off, you could definitely use a preloader. Just so the movie isn't playing when it's not done loading.

I'm not sure if there is supposed to be sound? It might have never loaded properly and I can't quite be sure. But scrounge around in the audio portal, some fitting music would help this piece a lot! Maybe a couple sound effects to, just to breathe some life into the animation.

You're lines were a little rough, but the fbf was quite excellent. You shots like the camera zooming in on the mouse, you might want to spice it up. Make smooth lines. Add a bit of shading. And maybe add a little twinkle to the eyes. It gives us something more to look at.

Overall it looks like you definitely have talent. And I'm interested in seeing some more, like this dragon animation you've mentioned.

Hikarian responds:

I did put a little sound in the flash, but you haven't missed much. Truth is, I did try to put in a newgrounds preloader, but I'm using Flash CS4 and it said that it didn't work for my action script... Next time I make a flash I guess I'll have to find out how to make my own preloader first...